September 13, 2009

Dreamin' Never Dies



“Dreams are like feathers. If we have enough, we can fly - William Truman”

There are fairy tales that’d been told to us since we were kid, for some reasons.
Encouraged us to hope for a better future, inspired us to be a kind person, or at least, just helped us to sleep at night.
Then, we dreamed.

And somehow, every one of us might have wishes to make “our own” fairy tales came true.
But, as we grew … apparently, we found reality.

Many times, we knew that, fairy tales didn’t come true.

So, when reality bitted, piece by piece, our dreams vanished
.
We often had been told, to think logically, always standing on the real things.

Then, why should we dream?

Congs - the people of “somewhere over the rainbow”-, somehow, are creatures whose dreaming most.
Since, we couldn’t express our thought as free as them (str8!).

So, it wasn’t so hard to understand that, gays are so good in many things that require imagination, fantasy, and creativity.

“They” are “our” playground.
We dreamed, we fantasized, we imagined… in creative ways, eventually it appeared in so many forms.

Just say it, stories, poems, designs, songs, and many more.


I have dreams,… and I'm a cong (too!!! *obviously!!!*)
Mostly, just like others, to be happy.

to love someone, and (if I’m lucky enough) be loved in return.
Build a relationship that would make me feel a bit stronger, to share the weight of the world off my shoulder (blah!)

In career, I wish I could improve my skill, got scholarship to continue my study, be a surgeon perhaps, or anything that could make me a better doctor – and human of course –, amen!
Beberapa kali saya berencana, dan berusaha memikirkan strategi, untuk mencoba mewujudkan mimpi saya.

Tapi, seringkali, saya merasa seperti terbentur tembok yang begitu sulit diruntuhkan (*muntah!*)

Few times, I felt like,… I got stuck!

Contohnya, sempat saya tulis, kalo sebagian alasan saya memperpanjang masa PTT saya di propinsi ini adalah untuk mengejar beasiswa yang awalnya saya kurang berminat, mengingat setelah selesai, saya harus kembali ke propinsi yang “mengirim” .
Tapi, setelah dipikir-pikir dan juga sedikit menjalani praktek di tengah masyarakat yang membutuhkan ini, I got challenged.

Maybe I could do more for these people…
(and get paid of course, - hey come on- I’m not Mother Theresa anyway!).

Tapi, entahlah, apa memang saya yang terlalu berburuk sangka, atau mungkin juga, Dinas Kesehatan Propinsi menilai saya kurang memiliki potensi, hingga, setiap kali saya tanya tentang kesempatan beasiswa itu, selalu saja dijawab, “Belum ada informasi dari Pusat!”, seingat saya, tidak kurang dari 5 kali, setiap saya ada waktu “plesir” ke ibukota, selalu berakhir tanpa kejelasan.
Dan terakhir saya anjangsana (naon???) ke Dinas Propinsi,
ujug-ujug lebih dari 20 orang dokter (dari Kabupaten lain), sudah terdaftar sebagai calon penerima beasiswa, dan dibilang, “kuota” untuk Propinsi sudah penuh.

Sempat, saya berburuk sangka, mungkin saya kurang pandai “menjilat” (*giggling*), mungkin untuk masuk ke dalam daftar itu kudu pake “amplop” atau “surat sakti”, entahlah… Tapi, sutra lah…
Mungkin belum waktunya,… belum rejeki saya…
Banyak jalan menuju Roma…

My other dream,…
To find my love, my perfect someone, the one,… my Zahir…
Seemed like, I will meet so many obstacles for making it real.
Just like I’d written before, when someone I really liked, told me not to chase something that I couldn’t rely on…

He told me that,
gay and love are two things that don’t fit each other…
Definitely, he smacked my mind pretty bad… Seriously???

Apparently, he didn’t like me, that much, so he told me not to be a dreamer… in other word… he asked me, not to be… me…
FYI, I’ve always been a wishful thinking person, who thought “what if…” just as many as I wrote “Maybe someday…” and now, “SOMEDAY!” in every new book I bought (yeah, I really did that!)

Why dreaming?
Lately, I thought a lot… since I had so many solitude nights, I saw what happened in our world nowadays,…

I found that, there were so much hatred, bad prejudice, and awful things occurred any time, everywhere.
That’s real.
And many times, I got really disappointed to face the world as what it is.
So, I dreamed…


Just a little break from all of these madnesses, to rest a bit from these exhausting facts, or at least, to refresh my mind so I could see things with new perspective.

I dreamed a better world.

Sempat, saya sengaja mendonlot audisi Susan Boyle di “Britain’s Got Talent”, with her “I Dreamed a Dream – Les Miserables” Sampe sekarang, selalu saya puter kalo sedang bête, dan selalu, kinda relieved after.

No matter how this life treats me and facts that fairy tales don’t come true.
I think, no one could make me stop from dreaming.
Coz, without dreaming, this world is nothing but an awful place to live in.
Beside, no matter how much I get it, I wouldn’t get charged for… rite?


And, no one wud get hurt, anyway!




PS: Maybe it takes forever to wait, but I believe that sometimes… dreams really do come true! Maybe someday,… yes, SOMEDAY!!!


*gambar diambil dari sini*

0 toyoran: